My name is Jennifer Sensiba. I live in Las Cruces, New Mexico and conduct firearms training courses both in Las Cruces, NM and El Paso, TX. While I am relatively new to firearms instruction (instructing since 2010), I am no stranger to firearms or instruction.
While I would love to say that this is a full-time endeavor, it is not, but it sure beats the heck out of working for a fast food restaurant or other typical college job My current goal is to get on at a law enforcement or emergency management agency after attaining my educational goals.
Below is a summary of my training and education (so far):
- NRA Instructor Development, Basic Pistol and Personal Protection certified
- Fingerprint training from New Mexico DPS in Santa Fe
- Texas DPS Certified CHL instructor (included 32 hours of training on Texas use-of-force and weapons laws)
- Over 150 hours of training in use-of-force and weapons laws, firearms, defensive tactics and other law enforcement topics from various law enforcement agencies through volunteer programs
- Over 120 hours of coursework from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Las Cruces Fire Department in various emergency management topics.
- Bachelor in Journalism and History from New Mexico State University
- Currently working on Master of Homeland Security and Emergency Management at American Military University
I look forward to helping you meet your goal of better protecting yourself and your loved ones.
No one or two-day concealed handgun course can fully prepare a person to do that (anyone who says otherwise is either lying, doesn’t know better or trying to sell you something), but with my courses, I hope to see you get a great start and have a good idea of where to go next in your training journey.